Sunday, May 31, 2009

No Dairy for Izzy

The rash in the early stages....


And today....
(If you click on the photos, it will open a bigger copy.)

It's amazing to me HOW big an impact taking dairy out of my diet has made. A HUGE impact. Aside from the visual evidence, my daughter's personality has totally changed. She's a much easier, happier baby now. No senseless, endless crying and no out of control gas. It makes me feel terrible that I was causing her all that pain! It also makes me wonder if "colic" is actually babies who have allergies of some type??? Hmm...

She has a well-baby check scheduled at the Dr in a few weeks, June 17th I think, so we'll update the Dr then on what we've been through and learned. I'm curious if there are any tests to confirm this 'diagnosis' as I've heard differing opinions from other parents/friends/medical personnel.

I'm not sure it's really worth putting her through any major testing (and the associated pain) since it's pretty obvious to me that she's better now. Hubby suggests waiting til the rash is fully clear (and gone for a week or so) and then having me eat some milk and cheese to see what effect it has. But I'm not too keen on dealing with a crabby baby or making her skin itch again...so we'll see if we try that approach!

No comments: