Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Good bye but not good ridance

I am a big fan, and regular watcher of Dancing with the Stars. It's one of the few "reality" shows I will watch and will even set my DVR to catch for me. I CAN'T miss it. I grew up dancing (no, not ballroom) and have always enjoyed dancing (doing it, watching it, teaching it, etc).

When DWTS started I was hooked and have followed it ever since. But I've had my frustrations with the show. As a dancer, I've always wanted the show to be a DANCE competition, not a popularity contest. I'm probably one of the few that watches the show and votes for those who I think danced well and deserve to dance the next week, regardless of WHO they are. Frankly, I don't care who you are, I care if you can dance. I was not a fan of Cloris Leachman nor Buzz Aldrin AS DANCERS (in their professional careers, they were good/great at what they did!). Just because Buzz walked on the moon does not mean, to me, that he should be granted more weeks on DWTS. Yes, he's an American hero, but he still can't dance (or not as well as the rest of the cast this season), and my voting him off (or not voting to keep him) doesn't mean that I don't think of him as an American hero!

Based on this information, can you guess who I've been hoping would get voted off each week this season? Can you guess?

Yes, Kate Gosselin.

Because she couldn't dance.

But that's the ONLY reason.

All the 'drama' around Kate (and Jon and the plus 8) really couldn't matter less to me. I feel bad for her that she's getting divorced, that he cheated on her, and that she's now a single mom. I feel as bad for her as I do for any other person going through those same things. But that doesn't mean that I wanted to keep her on DWTS any longer. Nor does the fact that I wanted her off mean I hate her, or anything else. It means, I thought she was the least talented star on the show this season. Someone, unfortunately, has to be that person every season. Sorry....

No comments: