Friday, April 11, 2008

March of Dimes....March for Babies

With the knowledge that a few friends are doing it too, I've decided to walk the March of Dimes, March for Babies at the end of April, the 27th to be exact.

Since becoming a mom, and entering into the world of mom's, I've realized many things. I have had 2 VERY easy and wonderful pregnancies and deliveries. I appreciate that fact more and more every day, and I only wish that everyone I knew could say that.

I know a number of mom's who have had preemie's, babies who have endured a number of surgeries, issues, ER visits, and many other heart-wrenching experiences. I've also met so many mom's who had a hard time getting pregnant, staying pregnant, and unbelievably complex and life-threatening (for mom and/or baby) delivery stories.

All of these things made me figure I should get up and walk. Heck, I walked 1-3 miles a day during both my pregnancies. I can certainly walk now! And one of my closest friends will be walking the same day in Boston for her son...Ben.

March of Dimes supports all babies, born healthy or with birth defects, born early or on-time. "The March of Dimes champions the needs of moms and babies in our community and across the nation. The money we raise for March for Babies will support lifesaving research, services, education and advocacy that help babies get a healthy start." I think my favorite reason, and quote from their site is, "Because every baby deserves someone in their corner."

If you feel the wish or desire to support me support March for Babies, you can go to the website and make your donation. Regardless of how much support I get, I'm still walking, and hoping to make a tiny bit of difference!


No comments: