Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Baby Girl Update

Dr visits galore today. I started at the midwife's office at 9:15 this morning. The office seemed quiet but that didn't mean I was in and out fast.... just that it was quiet!! But eventually they saw me, and everything is going quite well.

I'm measuring about 1 week behind at this point (35 weeks not 36). I lost a pound in the last week, but I could gain that back in a day depending on my schedule and appetite! Both of these are totally normal for me, I've done this with both previous pregnancies. I'm as 'big' as I'm gonna get, even tho the baby is still growing. My iron is borderline low (hemoglobin 10.6) so now I'm taking iron supplements, but since I'm usually borderline anemic when I'm not pregnant I'm not too worried. And, I'm dilated 1 cm. Okay, it's not much, but it's something!!! They took lots of blood and I'm sure all those results will be totally boring and normal, so they won't even call me!

Based on the exam, and my history, she's not expecting me to go early necessarily. But based on my mental attitude (which is totally ready to have this baby), she wouldn't be surprised if I went into labor about 2 weeks early, just cause I WANT to. So we'll see...

The best part of the visit...we talked about my plans/hopes for delivery. First piece of good news, the labor tub is back to being available at my hospital. For a while it was "not available" as they had had a recent malpractice case or issue with a patient who used it and they weren't letting anyone use it for a while. At least that was the info I was given when I was pregnant with Trevor. (With Blake there was no time to use it if I'd wanted to, but I'm not sure if it was available or not). I'm not sure I want to use it, but I like having the option, especially if I end up in back labor like I was with Trevor. Second piece of good news, the midwife is more than happy to let me labor without having an IV as long as everything is going fine (and based on my history, that's highly possible). I'm so glad not to have to have an IV just because.... it really bothers me that they do it automatically! I mean with Blake I was in the hospital in labor for under 45 minutes, but STILL they managed to put that damn IV in my arm and I really never needed it!! So WOO HOO for the new midwife!! (Of course, if any of this was an April Fool's joke, I will NEVER forgive her!).

Following all that great news, I got to see the massage therapist. She is easily my VERY favorite person in the world right now. My back feels SO good. And then I saw the chiropractor, just to loosen me up even more and put everything back where it belongs. So I'm feeling REALLY good.... now if only I could sleep comfortably, that feeling might last beyond today!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to text you today to see how you were doing but I guess no need now! :) Miss you!!

moo said...

YAY!
hope you get to be in the tub this time!